The title of these little beauties is a bit of long one I know, but if you’re anything like me and you love Tahini you will absolutely love these!
The 4 main ingredients together will leave you with just the right amount of healthy fats, protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals to give you the boost of energy you may need! They are great as an afternoon snack or to have at Iftar before or after your meal.
Makes approx. 10-12 medium sized balls – Serving size 2-3
- 2 cups Medjoul dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp. Tahini
- 1.5 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes to coat balls (optional)
- Add the nuts to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add all of the other ingredients leaving out the coconut flakes.
- Run the food processor on high speed until all the ingredients have combined usually takes a few minutes.
- Leave in the fridge for 1 hour. Then using a tablespoon, take one measure of the mixture and roll it into balls.
- Coat each ball in the ¼ cup shredded coconut.
- Place on parchment paper and refrigerate again for 30mins.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Please leave me a comment below if you make these or have any other questions for me! Kerry x