The Turkish version of this recipe (Mucver) was always on the dinner table if mum was cooking up a storm of traditional Turkish delights! When I was a lot younger, it wasn’t a huge favorite of mine, because I didn’t enjoy dill back then and the Turkish recipe is typically loaded with the green fluffy herb! 😊
In this recipe, I’ve developed a slightly healthier nutrient dense, dairy and gluten free version using avocado oil to fry them up with a nice crisp! Zucchinis are full of antioxidants and may help to improve digestion so these make the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack.
I usually make a tahini dipping sauce to go with it, using Tahini, lime juice, garlic, olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes which I believe compliments these beauties so well!
Leave me a comment if you make them and let me know your thoughts!
Makes approx. 14 Small Fritters
1 serving – 3-4 Fritters
LLWL Programs Phase 4 onwards
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 6-8mins
· 2 cups shredded green zucchini (1 medium)
· ¼ cup almond flour
· ¼ tsp salt
· dash pepper
· ¼ tsp dried chives
· ½ tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
· ¼ tsp garlic powder
· 2 large eggs
· Avocado oil for frying
· Handful of fresh parsley, washed and chopped stalks removed
1. Place the shredded zucchini into a mesh bag and squeeze well, discard excess liquid.
2. Add flour, seasonings, parsley and the zucchini into a mixing bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the eggs to the larger bowl and stir to mix everything.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet using enough to just cover the bottom. Spoon about two tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into the skillet for each pancake.
5. Cook for several minutes on each side until browned and the centers are hot.
Serve warm and enjoy!