There was a great reason why mum always used to say “eat your greens”! Leafy green vegetables are brimming with fiber, vitamins, and minerals!
This recipe is a delicious and nutritious protein packed filling breakfast, perfect for a post workout meal. The addition of cabbage and broccoli make this the perfect way to get your daily intake of cruciferous vegetables!
Cook Time: 15 mins
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced red or white cabbage
1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli, without the stalks (keep for soup later)
3 Free Range Eggs
1 bulb spring onion, Greens only
Coriander for garnish
- Add olive oil to a large hot pan and cook garlic powder and turmeric over low heat.
- Add cabbage and broccoli and cook for 2-3mins.
- Push vegetables to a side and start to scramble eggs with 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- When the eggs are part cooked push vegetables in with the eggs, sprinkle salt and pepper and scramble all together.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with spring onion and coriander.
- Add salt and Pepper to taste.