When life gives you lemons make Lemon Cake!! For this recipe I was inspired by my sisters love of Lemon drizzle cake. I wanted to create something healthy and sweet with still tasting tang and sourness that the amazing lemon offers! The ingredients are simply almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs, sugar, and lemon zest.
I’ve included a little baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to help the cake maintain a bit more structure as it cools. The result is a light and tender crumb, softly sweet, sour and lemony. I hope you enjoy!
#healthyrecipe #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #healthy #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #food #foodie #recipe #healthyliving #foodporn #vegan #nutrition #instafood #foodblogger #foodphotography #fitness #health #glutenfree #easyrecipe #cleaneating #weightloss #healthycooking #yummy #recipes #simplehealthymeals #10minutemeals #330minutemeals
3 large eggs, room temperature
Zest of 1 large Lemon
½ cup (85g) Coconut sugar
½ cup melted Raw organic coconut oil
Juice of 1 Lemon to glaze
1 cup finely ground blanched almond flour
¾ cup coconut flour
1 tsp GF baking powder
½ tsp GF Bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp ground cardamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175 °C). Prepare a loaf pan using coconut oil grease it and don’t forget the sides of the pan!
2. Beat the eggs, add lemon zest, coconut sugar and whisk all together for 2-3 mins until the sugar is part dissolved.
3. Next add the oil to combine again.
4. Whisk the dry ingredients together and then slowly add it to the egg mixture folding and stirring with a spatula.
5. Mix until well combined. The mixture should resemble a thick paste.
6. Gently scoop the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven. Bake at 350°F (175 °C) until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake helping it to separate from the side of the pan.
8. When cooled slightly gently move the cake to a cake serving plate. Cover with a little lemon juice and extra lemon zest to taste