Are you a sushi lover? I made these bite sized sushi rice muffins for my family over the weekend and they were gone in minutes!
We all love sushi and this delicious alternative can be created at home with just a few ingredients and at a fraction of the cost!
The idea started on TikTok from a food blogger by the name of Victoria Minell @torminell – she has some amazing recipes and I highly suggest you check her out! Ingredients
Prep time – 30 mins
Cook time – 15 mins
LLWL Programs Phase 4
Makes 12 cups
1 cup cooked sushi rice, cooled
• 500g fresh salmon, skin removed + cubed small
• 1 tbsp extra Virgin olive oil
• 1 tbs coconut aminos
• 1 tbs honey
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder,
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
• 1/4 tsp pink salt
• Mix 1 tsp Sriracha sauce with 1 tsp honey
• 1/2 avocado, diced small
• 2 tsp furkikake
• 2 tbsp chopped coriander
• 1 fresh green chilli (optional but goes so well with the salmon)
1. Preheat your oven to 175c degrees.
2. Cook 1/2 cup sushi rice as per packet instructions.
3. Add salmon to a bowl with all of the rest of the salmon ingredients and coat. Marinate for 30mins – 4hours.
Cut your nori sheets into four equal large squares.
3. To each nori square, add 1 level tablespoon of rice and spread out slightly.
4. Grease your muffin tin with oil of choice – I like using coconut or sesame oil here.
5. Transfer the square to your muffin slot, pushing down gently to center the rice in the middle with the edges coming up along the sides of the slot.
6. Add 3-4 salmon cubes to fill each muffin slot.
7. Transfer the pan to your oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
8. Broil, if needed, at the end, to get a little more color on the salmon 1-2 minutes.
9. Remove allow to cool slightly and top with your avocado, green chili, furikake and drizzle off honey srirac
No comment yet, add your voice below!