As you all know I absolutely LOVE everything about Lemons and what better way than to start the week by making a fabulous Raw vegan Avocado, Lemon and Lime Tart!
This Tart is an absolute winner if you’re looking for a sweet bite for those summer afternoons, perfect for entertaining a few friends or family.. Pair with a lovely batch of sweet lemonade for a delicious afternoon treat!
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened fresh coconut
1 cup Oats
1 cup Medjool dates (about 12 dates pitted)
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tsp Coconut Oil
3 avocados (about 1 1/4 cups of
2 Tbsp Soft Vegan Cream Cheese
1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup Maple Syrup or Honey (Optional)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tsp Lime zest
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
1. Add all of the crust ingredients in a food processor until it has turned into sticky paste holding the ingredients together.
2. Take the mixture out of the food processor and press evenly into your springform pan. Place pan in freezer while you make the tart filling.
3. Blend all ingredients for the filling in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
4. Take the crust from the freezer and spoon / pour the filling into the pan until even.
5. Place pan in the freezer to set overnight for best results or for a minimum of 8 hours. Remove the springform pan, cut into slices, leave for 5-10 mins and serve.
6. The longer the tart remains outside, the filling will soften. Store any leftovers back in the freezer. This can stay fresh in the freezer for approx. 3 days.
Decorate with your favorite vegan toppings – Here I have used fresh coconut, Cocoa nibs and Chia seeds.