This Vegan Spring / Summer Salad is a nutritious and delicious balanced meal in one bowl. It will leave you super satiated, and with the addition of Higher-fiber ingredients, a little Healthy Fat and Protein you’ll be getting a slow release of energy keeping you full for hours! ❤️
Although this salad may look super fancy 🤩 my ‘1 cup’ recipe is super easy and can be made in under 20mins if using an air fryer!
Ingredients – Serves 2
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 20mins
This is so easy to make and an absolute winner for a crowd pleaser!
1 cup of butternut squash
1 cup of cauliflower florets
1 cup of drained cooked chickpeas
1 cup of tofu
2 cups – Green leaves of choice (I used green Chard)
1. Add butternut and cauliflower to a steamer or microwave in a glass container with lid for 4-5mins.
2. I added, salt and pepper to my part steamed butternut and cauliflower and finished in the air fryer on 160c degrees for 10mins. (You can also roast in oven for 30 mins)
3. Add 1/4 tsp Paprika and 1/4 tsp onion powder to the chickpeas and cook in air fryer on 160c degrees for 10mins.
4. Add 1 bulb minced garlic with 1/2 onion powder + 1 tbsp. olive oil for the tofu in on 160c degrees for 10mins.
5. Have some fun layering each ingredient starting with some green tahini dressing at the bottom, add green leaves of choice!
To Garnish top with some kale cress and purple basil for that wow factor!
For the dressing
Add to a blender:
1 cup parsley
1 cup kale
1 garlic bulb
1/2 lemon (rind and pips removed)
1 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. tahini
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 tbsp. water